PedagogyUp one level
Resources about the teaching of writing.
- by admin — last modified 2012-01-23 01:00 PM
- This web text examines the pedagogical theories at the intersection of critical media literacy and culture jamming and posits a nuanced definition of the latter, both as pedagogy and as practice, appropriate for a multimodal classroom. These theories underlie the subsequent description of how culture jamming could be enacted in three phases in a first-year composition course, and inform the closing discussion of challenges faced by culture jamming in the curriculum. The images, links, and references contained here may hopefully provide some resources for teachers and students engaged in culture jamming projects.
- by Geoff Sauer — last modified 2006-04-19 11:15 PM
- This is a free wiki textbook for use in first-year college composition programs.
- by Geoff Sauer — last modified 2004-08-30 10:18 PM
- Rhetoric is concerned with the pragmatics of discourse--with the situational constraints, collective purposes, and political assumptions that shape the conditions and consequences of ideas.
- by Geoff Sauer — last modified 2004-08-29 04:38 AM
- This presentation is designed to introduce students to a variety of factors that contribute to strong, well-organized writing.
- by Geoff Sauer — last modified 2004-08-30 10:17 PM
- Historical contexts and national trends in undergraduate curricula.